Congressman Bobby Scott & US Senator Sherrod Brown have introduced legislation in both the US House of Representatives and US Senate that is fighting to Protect Workers Rights to Organize and form a Union. We need to contact our Representatives and Senators to ask that they support and co-sponsor this legislation. (HR 2474/S1306).
Specifically, the PRO Act would:
- Establish penalties on predatory corporations that violate workers’ rights, and combat misclassification of workers as supervisors and independent contractors.
- Strengthen workers’ right to strike for basic workplace improvements, including higher wages and better working conditions.
- Create a mediation and arbitration process to ensure corporations and newly formed unions reach a first contract.
- Authorize unions and employers to negotiate agreements that allow unions to collect fair-share fees that cover the costs of representation.
- Streamline the National Labor Relation Board’s (NLRB) procedures to secure worker freedoms and effectively prevent violations.
- Protect the integrity of union elections against coercive captive audience meetings.
Please call these offices today, speak directly with someone and ask they support this legislation and sign on as co-sponsors:
Senator Tim Kaine Senator Mark Warner Congressman Wittman
202 224-4024 202 224-2023 202 225-4261
Congresswoman Luria Congressman Scott Congressman McEachin
202 225-4215 202 225-8351 202 225-6365
Congressman Riggleman Congressman Cline Congresswoman Spanberger
202 225-4711 202 225-5431 202 225-2815
Congressman Beyer Congressman Griffith Congressman Wexton
202 225-4376 202 225-3861 202 225-1492
Please Thank Congressman Scott, Congressman Beyer and both Congresswoman Luria and Spanberger for already being the sponsor and co-sponsors.
After you speak with someone please click the links below and also send an electronic message to them to support the PRO Act- Please share with local friends and Family to ask them to make the calls as well-
Your email message should say – “Please support and co-sponsor the PRO Act as recently introduced by Congressman Bobby Scott and Senator Sherrod Brown. Workers’ rights to organize and form a union need to be protected now more than ever.”
Please call and email them today!